Register a croft

This guide covers the steps involved in the registration of a croft, common grazing or land held runrig in the Crofting Register.

At Registers of Scotland we’re responsible for creating and maintaining the register, while the Crofting Commission is responsible for the regulation of crofts.

The Crofting Register is governed by the Crofting Reform (Scotland) Act 2010.

See our Crofting Register fees.

You don’t need a solicitor to apply to register a croft. Any applicant can prepare and submit an application to the Crofting Register.


Telephone: 0131 659 4513


Was this page helpful?